Sunday, November 16, 2008

Over Vacation

The blog for this week is what I will do over vacation. Considering we have a couple of vacations coming up I will do the closest one, the Thanksgiving Break.

I am going home on the 25th in order to see my friends before I start seeing my family. On the 26th my high school has its last game of the year against the across town rivals. I love this game; it has been going on since the the two high schools were created. I am excited to see the outcome this year since my high school's football team is actually winning. We might stand a chance this year!

Through the grapevine I have heard that there will be a couple of get-together parties. I don't intend on attending these. I would rather have a small shindig where the people I want to see will be there. The people I am talking about are the people that have made me, me. They are the people that I have gone to school with, who I have hugged, punched, shoved, carried, and joked with. These are the people that I want to see and have a good time with.

I really do not want to relate this to "life of the mind". I enjoy my friends and do not want to have the thought of them be labeled with a course title. So I will try my best not to be bitter.

I have made great friends here at Case. I do not think that my mind will change at all. I mean I realize that I will be in a comfort zone. But that should not change a thing. My friends are my friends no matter where I am with them.

However I know everything will be different. People, including my friends, have changed. I have accepted this. I am not scared that I will lose any of them. I am not scared that they will come back hating me. I am nervous that it will be hard being our "old group".

College changes people. Instead of getting a general education, they are taking classes that will affect their career. My friends will ave to change in order to accomplish their goals. Already I have heard things that I would never expect my friends to do.

Hopefully we all can just chill like we all used to do. I do not believe that a group of friends gets as close as my group has. We all love each other and want each other to succeed.

It really will be interesting going back home.

I think that is all about this subject.

Go Lions!

Ian

No comments: