Friday, December 12, 2008

Stock Market Game

I really do not know if I have to blog about this, but I will.

I enjoyed that stock market game, but I agree that the numbers need to change. Or else have it be progressive, that way, it is like the real stock market.

However, it got the point across, that the market is a risky business. The market is not constant, and you need a keen understanding of humans to understand it.

I realized in the middle of the game that if I played mathematically, my team would end up in the top 4, so that is what I did. So... it payed off, Matt and I both got prizes.

But I could not do this in the real world. I mean I could, but I would have a lot of trouble in the long run. The market runs off patterns that I would have to respond to instead of math. That is where the game does not work.

However, the game did accurately represent what would happen in a stock market which was good. And that is why I say it is more important to know people, rather than the market. I noticed people patterns rather than market patterns because the market was so erratic.

The team of Abi and Rehka would stay stagnant almost every time. So I knew that when they made a move, it was because they new something was going to happen. I also so that the team of Mike and Paras would be very active. That meant that when they stayed out of the market, something big was going to happen. So I was able to see what people do, analyze it, and make my guess off of it.

This was really cool to see. My mind was constantly at war with itself, fighting impulse, and using logic. I was enjoying the whole experience. When you gamble, you get a rush. That is what it felt like the whole game. I had a rush that lasted because I was betting with my own money, as well as other people as well. It was a real thrill ride.

I want to thank Mr. Bricker for helping us understand the market better with this game. It was a very good way to show us how the market effects everyone, and how trends can push the market up or down.

If we had more time, I would like to go one step further and map out how the market did each turn as well as individual people. That way we can see the effect that we have on the market in the short run.

That is all for now,

Ian

No comments: